Tips for Caring for Your New Carpet
Here at Bennetts Carpets we firmly believe that a brand new carpet is one life’s pleasures. Replacing tired old flooring with the underfoot softness of a new carpet provides a relaxing and comfortable finish to the room and can help transform the entire atmosphere of the home. Once you’ve laid it, it’s important to implement a few care instructions to keep it looking fresh and new. Here are a few tips we’ve put together to help maintain your carpet and keep it looking like new, year after year. We recommend:
– Vacuuming carpeted areas regularly (at least twice a week) to remove dirt and dust before it settles and becomes harder to remove.
– Placing mats at each entrance of your home helps to avoid dirt and other grime from being walked into the carpet.
– Moving heavy items of furniture regularly to minimise flattening and indentations in the carpet caused from the furniture’s weight. Even if items are only moved a few centimetres this will take pressure off certain sections of the carpet. Consider putting coasters under the legs of tables, chairs and sofas to distribute weight more evenly.
– Placing rugs in high traffic areas of the home. We sell a great range of stylish and affordable floor rugs which can refresh the look of an entire room and help to conserve carpet in high traffic areas. It is generally cheaper and more practical to place floor coverings in high traffic areas than to replace entire sections of carpets from wear and tear.
– Protecting your carpet from fading from direct sunlight by using curtains, blinds and awnings.
At Bennetts Carpets we also stress that all carpet should receive professional heavy duty cleaning from time to time – ideally about once a year. As well as restoring the brightness and softness to the carpet, professional cleaning will safely remove allergens and other pollutants build up that could be affecting your family’s respiratory health. Our team of specialist cleaning technicians are skilled in maintaining and restoring carpets with all 12 cleaning vans servicing Brisbane, Logan and the Redlands areas equipped with the most modern equipment. For more information on our fantastic range of carpets and our professional carpet cleaning services please contact one of our dedicated call centre staff on 1300 653 314 today!